Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan e… Iran
(9giorni / 8 notti)
route: Tehran – Tashkent – Samarkand – Bukhara – Mary– Ashgabad –Mashad –Tehran
Day 1 , Mon. Teheran – Tashkent ( Air – IR )
A.M. Arrival to Tashkent by IR 504 at 11:30 and meet by Italian speaking guide and transfer to hotel. Accommodation and o/n in hotel. Breakfast in hotel. Rest in hotel.
P.M. Lunch in city restaurant Sightseeing tour in Tashkent incl:
- Barak Khan madrassah (XVI c) it is headquarters of the Sunni Mufti of ex Sogdian Central Asia & Kazakhstan.
- Kukeldash madrassah (XVI c) the grand 16th c. Madrassah has domed courtyard. Now the building is returned to service as an Islamic school. Beside it is the tiny 15th c. Juma mosque.
- Museum of Applied Art
- Navoi Theatre square Friendship square
Evening, possibility of attendance of Opera or Ballet at Navoi Theatre (except summer period).
O/n in hotel.
Day 2, Tue, Tashkent – Samarkand ( 320 km -5hrs- train )
A.M. Early Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to railway station.
at 08:00 Train to Samarkand
Samarkand – the Eden of ancient East, the most precious pearl in the Islamic world. Samarkand – called Marakanda in the 4th century BC, whoever tried to conquer it! During the centuries the city has been invaded by troops of Alexander the Great, Arabian invaders, Chingiz Khan and Tamerlane. Today romance of Samarkand still works its magic, alluring the traveler with a dreamlike quality.
12:00 Arrival and accommodation in hotel.
PM. In the afternoon sightseeing tour in Samarkand incl:
- Ulugbek’s Observatory (XV c) 1st observatory in orient with 30m sextant built by Ulugbek to make exact astronomical catalogue
- Afrosiab museum with wall paintings and excavation site.
- Shahi Zinda mausoleum (XIV–XV c) ‘Town of Dead’ a complex of more than 20 unique buildings of different ages.
Dinner and o/n in hotel.
Day 3. Wed, Samarkand
A.M. Breakfast in hotel. Full days sightseeing tour Samarkand incl :
- Registan Square (XV–XVIIc) official center of Timur Empire, consist of grandiose madrassa of Ulugbek, Sher Dor & Tillya Kari.
- Gur Amir mausoleum (XV c) Timurids dynastic burial vault. A unique monument of arhitecture with blue ribbed teessellated dome.
- Bibi Khanym Mosque
- Visit of Wine Cellar „Khovrenko“ – cellar in the center of city and renown for best wine & Brandy in Central Asia. A visit to the cellar is always followed by wine testing in cellar museum.
Dinner in Uzbek family.
Day 4. Thu, Samarkand – Guijduvan – Bukhara (280km – 4hrs )
A.M. Breakfast in hotel.
After breakfast departure to Bukhara.
PM. On the route stop, to Gijduvan and visit ceramic workshop. Lunch in a family.
Arrival to Bukhara in the afternoon and Acc at hotel.
- Bukhara – this is one of the best places in Central Asia which was as capital of Samanid state in the 9th and 10th centuries that called “Bukhoro-i Sharif” Boasting a different mosque for every day of the year, drawing the finest minds of the East with its cultural and commercial vitality, the city well deserved the title “Bukhara the Holy”.
Sightseeing tour incl : ARK Fortress (VI – XIX c) – in middle ages it was a whole town with the emirs house, with wives, mosques mint place, government institutes, store rooms, a prison and a square for public executions, Bolo Khauz Mosque (1712) Mosque Near the Pool,
Dinner and o/n at hotel.
Day 5. Fri, Bukhara
A.M. Breakfast in hotel. Continue of Sightseeing tour incl :
- Poikalon (XII – XVI c) architectural ensemble in the center of old Bukhara – includes the cathedral mosque “Masjidi Kalon”, “Miri Arab” madrasah and the highest minaret (46 m) at that time in the Orient, Trading Domes consists of three trading centers: Tok-i-Zargaron (1570) – Jeweler’s Bazaar, Tok-i-Tilpak Furushon – Cap Maker’s Bazaar, Tok-i-Sarrafon – Moneychanger’s Bazaar. Samanid’s mausoleum (IX – X c) – it was the first building in Central Asia constructed from backed bricks. Chor – Minor – unique and one of the most surprising buildings in Bukhara with four minarets – one for each corner. It was built in 1807, by Turkmen merchant Khalif Niyazkul.
- Faizullah Khadjaev House – house of Bukhara merchant 150 years old. Tour includes explanation of rooms function, pre-revolution way of life in Bukhara and a demonstration of old costumes. The house owner was a man of great vision who was a reformer under Bukhara Amir time.
- Laby Khauz ensemble.
Dinner and folklore at medressah Nodir Dewon Begi. O/n in hotel.
Day 6. Sat, Bukhara – Mary (385km -5hrs)
A.M. Breakfast in hotel.
Tranfer to Uzbek – Turkmen border. Custom formalities. Change of transport and guide. Cross border. Drive to Mary.
PM. Lunch on the route in Turkmenabad.
Accommodation in hotel. Dinner in hotel restaurant. O/n in hotel.
Day 7. Sun, Mary – Ashgabad (air )
A.M. Breakfast in hotel.
- Morning excursion to Arrival and excursion to Old Merv
PM. Lunch in city.
- In the afternoon visit of Local museum.
Transfer to the airport and flight to Ashgabad by T5 -132 at 19:20-20:00.
Arrival and accommodation in hotel. On in hotel. Dinner and o/n in hotel.
Day 8. Mon, Ashgabad
A.M. Breakfast. Sightseeing of Ashgabad incl :
- National Museum of Turkmenistan – about 500 000 artifacts dedicated to the Bronse Age, Antiquity and Middle age history of Turkmenistan. Other sections of the museum are Nature, Ethnography, Military, Jewelry sections. There is also section with the gifts of the president. Second floor of the museum is a S/S platform from which the giant carpet “Turkmenbashy” can be observed.
- Nisa (III c) Parthiandates capital inhabited till the 19c. Diggings have revealed a grandiose architectural complex consisting of ceremonial hall, treasure house and residences.
- Museum of Turkmen Carpet It has an expressive collection of Turkmenistan’s famous wall hangings & a historical exhibition of traditional Turkmenian craftsman ship. Visitors can admire exhibits dating back to various times in history, including an exhibition showing how a carpet is knotted.
- Erogrul Gazy mosque has been constructed as a present to the Turkmen nation from the republic of Turkey. This unique complex consists of the mosque itself, a madrassah, cultural center with library and assembly hall for 250 seats and a park.
Farewell dinner in family with Turkmen folklore (for the group from 10 pax and more).
Day 9. Tue, Ashgabad – Badjigaran – Mashad (385 km)
Departure to Turkmen – Iranian border. Customs formalities. Cross border and routing to Mashad.